The Commercial Drivers Legal Plus Plan provides a driver, owner operator, and motor carrier the tools to directly manage three important federal regulations:
The driver's Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
Pre-Employment Screening Plan (PSP)
Motor Carriers Driver Quality for determining insurance rates and Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) Composite Score.
All Commercial Drivers, whether they are Company Drivers or Owner Operators need proper representation from an dedicated experienced lawyer. Per Section 383.51 or the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
If a driver receives two (2) serious violations in a three (3) year period, his/her license will be suspended for sixty (60) days.
If the driver receives a 3rd serious violation in that three (3) year period their Commercial Driver's License will be suspended for an additional one hundred twenty (120) days.
All violations in a personal vehicle, motorcycle, boat also count against a Commercial Driver!
Listed below are reasons why a driver must have the gold standard Commercial Drivers Legal Plus Plan
Tragic Accident Representation
If you or your spouse is charged with a criminal act because of a serious traffic accident, a Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Attorney will defend you in the court of original jurisdiction for the following charges:
• Involuntary manslaughter
• Vehicular homicide
• Negligent homicide appeals are not covered.
You and your spouse have 2.5 hours of legal help from a Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Attorney in each of the following situations:
• You are denied a driver’s license.
• Your driver’s license is canceled, suspended, or revoked by the Department of Public Safety or Department of Motor Vehicles where a right to appeal is provided to you by statute.
• Assistance is needed to reinstate or maintain a driver’s license because of job-related or medical reasons.
1. Defense of non-criminal moving violations in the court of original jurisdiction.
2. Defense by an attorney located through your Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Provider Law Firm.
3. The attorney appointed for you is usually located in the area where you received the ticket.
DOT and Non-Moving Violations
You and your spouse are entitled to a defense of non-criminal citations issued in your motor vehicle including:
• Hazardous material
• Equipment violations
• Load spillage
• No placard
• Permit violations
• No medical card
• No insurance
• No motor carrier authority
Property Damage Collection
A Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Attorney will help you or your spouse collect property damage claims of $2,000 or less for damage as a result of driving, riding in, or being struck by any motor vehicle or boat.
• Covers minor damage to your car or truck.
• You may receive up to 2.5 hours of attorney time per incident.
Personal Injury Collection
A Commercial Drivers Legal Plan Attorney will help you or your spouse collect personal injury claims of $2000 or less for injuries resulting from driving, riding in, or being struck by any motor vehicle or boat. You may receive up to 2.5 hours of attorney time per claim.
You can consult with the Provider Attorney about any points assessed against your record by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) pursuant to regulations of the FMCSA’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program. Plus, an attorney will handle a challenge of any assessed points at the Preferred Member discount rate.
All Other Transportation Related Legal Work
You and your spouse can receive this and any other transportation-related legal work not specifically covered by this plan at a 25% discount from the Provider Law Firm’s standard hourly rate. Members are responsible for paying court costs, fines, and related fees.
Expected and unexpected legal issues arise every day. You get access to advice and counsel on an unlimited number of personal legal issues from lawyers with an average of 19 years experience.
The Plan Covers
• The member
• The member’s spouse/ domestic partner
• Never-married dependent children under age 26 living at home
• Dependent children under age 18 for whom the member is the legal guardian
• Never married, dependent, children who are full-time college students up to age 26
• Physically or mentally disabled children living at home
Advice & Consultation
Toll-free phone consultations with your Provider Law Firm for any personal legal matter, even on pre-existing conditions
Letters and Phone Calls on Your Behalf Available at the discretion of your Provider Lawyer
Contract and Document Review
Contract/document review up to 15 pages each
24/7 Emergency Assistance
After-hours legal consultation for covered legal emergencies. Specific coverage depends on plan, such as: if you’re arrested or detained, if you’re seriously injured, if you’re served with a warrant, or if the state tries to take your child(ren).
Uncontested Name Change Assistance*
One (1) uncontested name change prepared per member year by Provider Law Firm
Uncontested Adoption Representation*
Representation by your Provider Law Firm for uncontested adoption proceedings
Uncontested Separation/Divorce Representation*
Representation by your Provider Law Firm for uncontested legal separation, uncontested civil annulment, and uncontested divorce proceedings
Trial Defense Services
Assistance if you or your spouse are named defendant or respondent in a covered civil action filed in court
Year Pre-Trial Time Trial Time Total
1 2.5 57.5 60
2 3 117 120
3 3.5 176.5 180
4 4 236 240
5 4.5 295.5 300
Standard Will Preparation
• Will preparation and annual reviews and updates for covered members
• Other documents available: Living Will, Health Care Power of Attorney
Residential Loan Document Assistance
Mortgage documents (as required of the borrower by the lending institution) prepared by your Provider Law Firm for the purchase of your primary residence
Motor Vehicle Services
• Non-criminal moving traffic violation assistance
• Motor vehicle-related criminal charge assistance
• Up to 2.5 hours of help with driver’s license reinstatement and property damage collection assistance of $5,000 or less per claim
• Available 15 days after enrollment
• Available only if the member has a valid driver’s license and is driving a noncommercial motor vehicle
Internal Revenue Service
IRS Audit Legal Services
• One hour of consultation, advice or assistance when you are notified of an audit by the IRS
• An additional 2.5 hours if a settlement is not achieved within 30 days
• If your case goes to court, you’ll receive 46.5 hours of your Provider Law Firm’s services
• Coverage for this service begins with the tax return due April 15 of the year you enroll
25% Preferred Member Discount
You may continue to use your Provider Law Firm for legal situations that extend beyond plan coverage. The additional services are 25% off the law firm’s standard hourly rates. Your Provider Law Firm will let you know when the 25% discount applies, and go over these fees with you.
The only comprehensive commercial drivers legal program on the market that covers the driver's ability to earn a living, his family, and assets.